Forum Chambers is a dynamic and increasingly growing commercial set of Barristers’ Chambers with particular expertise in Commercial Dispute Resolution, Banking and Financial Services, Insolvency, Civil Fraud, and Professional Negligence.
Chambers is seeking an ambitious Practice Manager to join our highly regarded Clerking team, working directly with our Senior Clerk to expand Chambers reputation and client base.
You will have at least 5 years’ legal experience along with a good educational background. You should be confident and self-motivated, displaying the qualities to work both independently and as part of a wider team. We pride ourselves on internal development, therefore this is an excellent opportunity for those who are ambitious and keen to progress their career.
- Developing the practices of Members alongside Senior Clerk, including offering strategic input.
- Building and maintaining client relationships within Chambers’ current client base and identifying new opportunities for business development.
- Showing a high-level understanding of Members’ practices and have a keen interest in emerging area’s and identifying emerging areas.
- Producing regular reports / information to Senior Clerk on practice development.
- Ensuring that Chambers and its members are promoted effectively via social media, seminars, and conferences.
- Offering a high level of service when dealing with Members and Clients both in-person and remotely.
- Alongside the Senior Clerk, planning Practice Review Meetings for Members and attending with input and analysis.
- Participating and holding weekly meetings with the Clerking team on opportunities.
- Conducting meetings with Members re marketing opportunities.
- Travelling nationally and internationally if necessary for marketing and team events.
- Use of Chambers’ practice management software (Lex) for weekly / monthly reporting.
- Diary Management.
- Negotiation of fees for all Members of Chambers, including complex cases, class actions, arbitrations, leading briefs, and all elements of conditional fee agreements.
- Effective fee collection.
- Acting at all times in accordance with the policies set out in Chambers’ staff handbook.
- Travel Package Included.
- ILM Business Management Course (Level 5) – with tiered pay rise on completion if not already completed – only specific for those with level 3 already completed.
- Performance bonus to be negotiated with the Senior Clerk and Head of Chambers.
- Experience in Commercial Set of Chambers preferable but not essential.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience.
Application deadline: 27 January 2023