PNLA London Live Conference: “Financial Services and Group Litigation” – 20 March 2023
The Professional Negligence Lawyers Association will be hosting a conference tackling the vital themes of Financial Services and Group Litigation on 20 March 2023. It will take place at the offices of Penningtons Manches Cooper in London and is sponsored by Forum Chambers and Penningtons Manches Cooper.
The PNLA is delighted that David Mcilroy of Forum Chambers has agreed to Chair this event whilst appearing as intervener for The Consumers Association in the Supreme Court in the landmark case about to change banking law and practice appealing Philipp v Barclays Bank UK Plc  EWCA Civ 318 (14 March 2022).
The conference is aimed at helping professional negligence practitioners with a broad round up of law and practice in banking and financial services as a fast moving and potentially devastating minefield affecting every aspect of our personal and commercial lives.
The Conference Agenda
- 09:00-09:30 Registration and Refreshments
- 09:30-09:35 PNLA Introduction
- 09:35-09:45 Introduction – Nicole Blakey – Penningtons Manches Cooper / PNLA London Representative
- 09:45-10:15 Chairman’s Keynote Address – David McIlroy – Head of Chambers, Forum Chambers / Visiting Professor in Banking Law at Queen Mary, University of London
- 10:15-11:00 Financial Services Litigation – Opportunities and Elephant Traps – Michael Brown – Partner, Penningtons Manches Cooper
- 11:00-11:15 Refreshments
- 11:15-11:30 ATE Insurance and Litigation Funding – Jamie Molloy – Ignite, Head of ATE and Co-Founder
- 11:30-12:15 Tips and Traps – Collective Investment Schemes – Lloyd Maynard – Forum Chambers
- 12:15-13:00 The Forensic Accountant Expert’s Perspective – Steve Cornmell – Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales / Managing Director, Testifying Expert, Kroll
- 13:00-14:00 Lunch
- 14:00-14:45 Getting Out of the Contract – Penalties, Undue Influence, Extortionate Credit Bargains and More – Jonathan Lester – Forum Chambers
- 14:45-15:30 Consumer Duty – Darren Allen – Partner, Shoosmiths
- 15:30-15:40 Refreshments
- 15:40-16:10 iDisclosure Preservation, Processing and Authenticity – Dominic Tucker – Associate Director, iDiscovery Solutions Ltd
- 16:10-16:25 Questions and Discussion Session and Chair’s Closing Remarks
- 16:25-16:30 Katy Manley – President, PNLA
To register and learn more head over to PNLA’s website here.